What if I told you you can make a delicious version at home without all that crap?
Now before everyone gets in a tizzy about calling this “paleo” I’ll repeat what I answered the commenters in my Chocolate Cupcakes post. I’m not calling this “Paleo Coffee Cake” because I think our ancestors where hunting or gathering coffee cake at any given time but rather because for those of us who eat a paleo, primal, mostly nutrient dense diet (albeit with an 80/20 approach), searching for “grain free dairy free legume free refined sugar free crap free coffee cake” is just ridiculous, amiright?
Now that that bit of business is settled, on to the fun stuff…
Paleo Coffee Cake Muffins
- 6 eggs (where to buy organic, soy-free eggs)
- 1/4 cup ghee (where to buy grass-fed ghee)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (where to buy coconut flour)
- 1/4 cup water chestnut flour (where to buy water chestnut flour)
- 2 Tbsp grade B maple syrup (where to buy grade B maple syrup)
- 2 Tbsp vanilla (where to buy vanilla)
- 1 Tbsp raw honey (where to buy raw honey)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (where to buy sea salt)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (where to buy organic cinnamon)
- 1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1/4 cup grade B maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp ghee
- 2 Tbsp almond flour (where to buy almond flour)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put eggs in a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly with an immersion blender until frothy.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Fill muffin pan evenly (should make 1 dozen).
- Place in oven and set timer for 20 minutes.
- Now combine ingredients for the topping in a separate bowl.
- At the 20 minute mark take out the muffins and add the topping evenly between all the muffins.
- Put them back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Broil for an additional 2 minutes and remove quickly.
- Let cool.
- Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee! Ok, I guess I’ll let you do tea if you insist… 😉
What is your favorite dessert?
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- How to Cure SIBO When You Have Coexisting Conditions - August 10, 2017
- How to Get Rid of SIBO Constipation - August 2, 2017
- Transitioning to a Normal Diet after Eliminating SIBO - July 11, 2017