When we have a long day outside the house, our slow cooker becomes a lifesaver!
What you will need for this easy pulled pork recipe:
- Crock pot (this is the one we use)
- 4-5 lb pork shoulder roast, preferably pastured (where to buy organic pork roast)
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (where to buy Grade B quality maple syrup)
- 1/2 tsp. all-spice (where to buy all-spice)
- 1 Tbsp. salt (where to buy quality sea salt)
- 1 cup pureed tomato (where to buy pureed tomato)
- Cream from the top of one can (13.5 oz) of coconut milk (where to buy BPA free organic coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup beef or chicken broth (make your own) or (buy here)
- Dice onion and mince garlic.
- Combine all ingredients in the crock pot and mix well (except for the roast).
- Set crockpot to “low”.
- Use a skillet to sear the roast on all sides on medium high heat.
- Place the roast in the crockpot for 6-8 hours.
- After 6 hours or so shred the pork with a fork (it should shred easily) and mix with the sauce that has formed in the crockpot.
- Serve and enjoy!
What are your favorite crockpot dishes?
Want even more recipes which include gelatin-rich bone broth? Check out my new eBook The Gelatin Secret. You will get dozens of recipes, instructions for making bone broth at home, and loads of information about how gelatin nourishes each part of your body.
The following two tabs change content below.
Sylvie McCracken is a former celebrity assistant in Hollywood turned full time entrepreneur currently living in Ashland, Oregon with her husband and 3 kids. She writes about treating and preventing health conditions with real food and natural remedies, as well as anything else she feels like writing about because she's a rebel like that. 😉 She also mentors entrepreneurs on her other site, SylvieMcCracken.com