How on earth did I end up making Peppermint Lip Balm?! I’ve been on a DIY kick lately, can you tell? This one was spurred by the fact that my 4 year old was watching me put some lip balm on the other day. Of course, she wanted some and only then was it that I double checked this particular used-to-be crunchy brand for ingredients. Needless to say there were some unpronounceable ones so although a few doses of it won’t kill you, I don’t think using it every day would be a great idea either.
This recipe may look daunting but it’s actually pretty easy! And a stick will last you a good while so it’s not like you’ll be making it every week anyway.
I love peppermint lip balm but of course you could substitute whatever essential oil you’d like if you have a different preference.
Now this is a lip balm I’m happy to have my 4 year old apply every day.
Peppermint Lip Balm
What you will need:
- 1 Tbsp. beeswax (where to buy beeswax)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil (where to buy extra virgin coconut oil)
- 1 Tbsp. shea butter (where to buy shea butter)
- 1 Tbsp. beef tallow (how to make beef tallow or where to buy beef tallow)
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil (where to buy peppermint essential oil)
- empty lip balm tube (where to buy)
- Heat and mix all ingredients well.
- Pour into an appropriate container.
- Let cool.
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- Treating H. Pylori (Part 3): What H. Pylori Does to the Body - August 8, 2022
- Treating H. Pylori (Part 2): How H. Pylori is Contracted - August 3, 2022
- Understanding Beef Labels: Organic, Pastured, Grass-Fed & Grain-Finished - July 25, 2022