What you will need for this easy dairy-free ice cream:
- 2 cans coconut milk (where to buy BPA-free coconut milk)
- 3 egg yolks (where to buy organic, soy-free eggs)
- 3/4 cup maple syrup (where to buy maple syrup)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp grated lemon zest (you can use this zester)
- 1 tsp. vanilla (where to buy vanilla)
- Pinch of salt (where to buy sea salt)
- In a pan mix together the zest, juice, maple syrup and eggs.
- Add 1/2 can coconut milk and vanilla.
- Cook on medium heat stirring regularly until it comes to a simmer.
- Turn off and let cool.
- Once cool, strain the mixture, cover and place in the fridge until cold.
- Once cold, add in the remainder of the coconut milk and mix well.
- Place in your ice cream maker and let mix for 30-45 minutes.
Try these other paleo ice cream recipes too!
- Paleo Mango Ice Cream
- Paleo Banana Ice Cream
- Paleo Strawberry Ice Cream
- Paleo Vanilla Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
The following two tabs change content below.
Sylvie McCracken is a former celebrity assistant in Hollywood turned full time entrepreneur currently living in Ashland, Oregon with her husband and 3 kids. She writes about treating and preventing health conditions with real food and natural remedies, as well as anything else she feels like writing about because she's a rebel like that. 😉 She also mentors entrepreneurs on her other site, SylvieMcCracken.com
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- How to Use Ginger for Digestion Support - June 17, 2020
- Why Using Meditation for Digestion Actually Works - June 9, 2020
- The Benefits and Uses of Saccharomyces Boulardii Probiotic - May 27, 2020