Ok, so apparently I’m a delicate flower because every single amazing-smelling deodorant has been giving me a rash so of course I asked Eric to experiment with ingredients to find a deodorant recipe that doesn’t! A little less baking soda and a few other things and voila! No rashes… Love that man!
Homemade Deodorant for Sensitive Skin (makes 2 sticks)
What you will need:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (where to buy quality coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup shea butter (where to buy shea butter)
- 1/4 cup beeswax (where to buy beeswax)
- 8 drops essential oil of choice (lavendar is my favorite!)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda (where to buy baking soda)
- 2 large old deodorant containers (where to buy deodorant containers)
- Heat coconut oil, beeswax, and shea butter in a glass bowl over a pot of water so it is warmed gently by the steam.
- Mix until it liquifies.
- Add your essential oil and baking soda and mix well.
- Remove the glass bowl and pour contents into the empty deodorant containers.
- Place in freezer until they harden.
- Now they are ready for use!
What deodorant do you use? Ever tried making your own deodorant?
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- How to Use Ginger for Digestion Support - June 17, 2020
- Why Using Meditation for Digestion Actually Works - June 9, 2020
- The Benefits and Uses of Saccharomyces Boulardii Probiotic - May 27, 2020