Oh no! We’re out of coconut milk!
Terrifying words, I know. But have no fear! If you have some water and some shredded coconut you can make your own coconut milk!
What you will need:
- 2 cups of shredded coconut (where to buy shredded coconut)
- 3 cups of hot filtered water (where to buy a great water filter)
- A nut milk bag (where to buy it)
- A food processor or blender (this is the one I have)
- Put the shredded coconut and the boiling water in the processor.
- Blend it well for 2 minutes!
- After letting it cool pour it through your strainer into a small bowl.
- Squeeze as much milk as you can from the remaining coconut.
- Enjoy! (pictured below with tea)
What is your favorite way to use coconut milk?