Scar repair, acne and just plain moisturizing…. These are some of the amazing benefits of tallow balm. It’s one of the many crazy things I do these days with my very minimalist skincare routine. Since reading The Skintervention Guide over a year ago, my daily routine is as simple as 1, 2, 3…
- Oil cleansing with either coconut oil or jojoba oil
- Gently dab a diluted apple cider vinegar toner
- Moisturize with just the tiniest bit of tallow balm.
Tallow balm has been great for scar repair as well. We’ve used it on my daughter’s large scar after her scoliosis surgery (spinal fusion) and seen great results.
It keeps surprisingly well for several months in the cupboard and the smell, especially when combined with these essential oils is really very minimal since you’re using such a tiny amount.
You can purchase tallow balm of course- just make sure it’s from quality pastured cows. We recently purchased a whole cow and learned to make tallow from that lovely delicious and healthy fat. (Learn how to render tallow here)
DIY Tallow Balm
- 3 Tbsp. grass-fed beef tallow (where to buy beef tallow) or (make your own)
- 2 tsp EVOO (where to buy extra virgin olive oil)
- 8 drops of lavender essential oil or any EO you like! (where to buy lavender essential oil)
- Heat and mix ingredients with a stick blender.
- Pour into an appropriate container.
- Let cool.
Looking for more recipes to ditch the chemicals in your beauty products? Check out Mommypotamus’s book with over 50 DIY beauty recipes. You can find it here.
What is your favorite skin care product?
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- How to Use Ginger for Digestion Support - June 17, 2020
- Why Using Meditation for Digestion Actually Works - June 9, 2020
- The Benefits and Uses of Saccharomyces Boulardii Probiotic - May 27, 2020