Some days we get lazy and just mash some avocado and call it guacamole 🙂
Other days we get crazy and start tossing stuff in it, like bacon fat! Why not! (It’s pastured bacon of course) This recipe for paleo guacamole with bacon fat is delicious and healthy to boot.
What you will need:
- 12-15 small avocados
- 1/8 cup bacon fat (the BEST bacon ever)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 small red onion
- 1 tsp. sea salt (where to buy sea salt)
- dash of cayenne pepper (where to buy cayenne pepper)
- Cut avocados into small chunks and place in a large bowl.
- Mince garlic and add.
- Chop tomato and onion finely and add.
- Add juice from 1/2 lemon.
- Heat bacon fat in a small pan until liquid and add.
- Add 1 tsp. sea salt.
- Mash mixture and mix well.
- Enjoy! We love to dip sliced jicama in it!
Do you use any crazy ingredients in your paleo guacamole?
This post is featured in Food Renegade’s Fight Back Friday
The following two tabs change content below.
Sylvie McCracken is a former celebrity assistant in Hollywood turned full time entrepreneur currently living in Ashland, Oregon with her kids. She writes about treating and preventing health conditions with real food and natural remedies, as well as anything else she feels like writing about because she's a rebel like that. ? he also mentors health professionals turned entrepreneurs on her other site, SylvieMcCracken.com
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- Treating H. Pylori (Part 3): What H. Pylori Does to the Body - August 8, 2022
- Treating H. Pylori (Part 2): How H. Pylori is Contracted - August 3, 2022
- Understanding Beef Labels: Organic, Pastured, Grass-Fed & Grain-Finished - July 25, 2022
9 thoughts on “Paleo Guacamole with Bacon Fat”
Love that bacon fat addition!! I have to try it ASAP!
I sort of chuckled when I first saw the recipe name, but then I thought, ” … Yeah!”
The more I think about it, I’ve GOT to share this recipe on FB. Way to go for creativity and ending up with something that is probably so delicious (and healthy).
🙂 thank you! I hope you like it!
If you put tomatoes in it then becomes salsa.
Ok 🙂 Bacon guacamole salsa then
Why would you put the pits in if storing in the fridge? Does that help keep it from turning brown and/or smelling bad? Just wondering. 🙂
Yup! It keeps it from turning brown 🙂
12-15 small avocados? How much does this make? Or does it store well? Any guacamole I’ve made doesn’t store well at all and there are only 2 of us so I wouldn’t want to make too much. However, the recipe sounds divine and I want to try it.
They were tiny avocados so it would be like 6 normal size ones. There are 5 of us and it disappeared in no time! But for the 2 of you I would halve the recipe. The lemon will help it keep and also I’d throw in a couple of the avocado pits if you’ll be storing it in the fridge in a covered container. Would love to hear what you think after you try it!